SHOP AND ESTABLISHMENT REGISTRATIONS
Every state has its own shops and establishments Act. Every shop and establishment registrations is required to register itself under the Shops and Establishment Act in their respective state within 30 days of commencement of work, whether or not it has employees. The Shops and Establishments Act regulates conditions of work, lists the rights of employees in the unorganized sector and provides a list of obligations for every employer.
Shops and Establishments registration in India requires a process to be complied with and the organization applying for Shops and Establishments registration must be registered in a particular state where it is located.
To keep in check the rules, regulations, working conditions and organization of place of work Shop and Establishment Registration came into force. It applies to all shops, commercial establishments, eateries, restaurants and other places used for commercial purposes. Along with the above-mentioned responsibilities, it entails the rights of employees at the place of work along with the duties of the employer towards the employee regarding the workplace situations. Primary and fundamental proof of the existence of a business is Shop and Establishment Registration, which is governed under The Shops and Commercial Establishments Act. Any new shop or commercial establishment needs to be registered for the commencement of the business. It is a must for every shop and foundation to enlist oneself within 30 days of commencing under this act irrespective of the business being fully functional or not.
Benefits of getting the shop and establishment registration are:
- No Tax Filing: After being registered, the shop or establishment having business need not file for return like GST, PF.
- It gives legal recognition to the business as it acts as a document of authenticity by acting as a government issue license to the business owner.
- Acts as a proof of business which is required by other registration processes for a business and opening a current account for the business in the bank.
- For investment and exposure in business, they need license as an identity proof.
Here is the list of supporting documents which needs to be scanned and uploaded on the portal are:
- In case of old user, fee receipt.
- ID proof of the person filing the application like Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Passport or Driving License.
- Digital Signature
- Passport photographs
- Annexure C given on the portal.
- Annexure A, format given on the portal, self-declared.
- Annexure B, format is given on the portal, self-declared.
- Annexure for the establishment of the premise.
Procedure to get the shop or establishment registered is:
- Go to the official website of state Government and select the registration criteria either as an individual or an organization.
- Register your mobile number to obtain OTP and other verification details (like Email ID) and provide the details on the portal.
- Fill the mandatory details.
- Complete the steps sent to your email ID for completion of your registration.
- Login and register for the service required under Shops and Establishment.
- Fill form A and submit the form online.
- Fill the details and upload the required documents that are mentioned above.
- Pay the registration fee.
- After minute and detailed checking of the documents, your certificate will be available on the portal which can be accessed and downloaded with your ID and Password that was created earlier.
Before the registration is finalized and certificate is given after full checking, there are minor things that must be kept in mind by the applicant: Shop & Establishment Registrations
- Visit at commercial establishment by an official for inspection.
- The certificate should be placed at a place easily visible and accessible.
- Renewed before expiry with updated details.
- Any change in details or the establishment should be informed to the inspection official within 15 days of the change.
One needs to note that there are states where online facility is not available in that state we need to move the application through offline mode only.
How we can help:
LetsComply is a full-service law firm and is the best platform for all your Legal, Finance, and Taxation needs. Letscomply is one of the leading law firms in India, and having a team comprises of Corporate Lawyers, Company Secretaries, Chartered Accountants, Cost Accountants, I.P. Attorneys, and Management Experts with rich experience in their respective filed. We believe in long-term alliances for mutual growth.
For more information, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us Mb. No.97178 22448 Ph. No.011-42662177/78/79.
SERVICES PROVIDED BY US:
Foreign Investment in India| Setting-up of Business in India |Virtual CFO| Virtual General Council| Income Tax | GST Registration & Returns |Trademark registration | Company Registration | LLP Registration |NGO| Company Annual Compliances | Drafting & Vetting of Agreements |Opinion & Advisory on Different Issues| FSSAI Licenses| ESI & EPF | ISO certification |Shop & Establishment Registration |MSME Registration| SEIS/MEIS Services| DGFT| Legal Notices