Other Service Providers (OSP Licence)
Other Service Providers (OSP Licence) commonly referred to as OSP, were established under the advice, terms, and conditions laid down in February 2000 by Telecom Commission. Such OSP’s can take telecom resources from authorized Telecom Service Providers only and not provide switched telephony. Further, the Department of Telecommunication must register OSPs using telecom resources for providing an array of services sort of a call center, telebanking, and other IT-enabled services. Therefore, the Department of Telecommunication (DOT) now registers OSPs in India and has registered over 2500 cases since inception. OSP stands for Other Service Providers pertaining to the service provided within the Telecommunication Industry which uses telecom resources. It involves BPO/call centers, e-commerce, telemedicine, telebanking, education, and other IT services. The Department of Telecommunication (“DOT”) under the New Telecom Policy (NTP) 1999 made it compulsory for OSPs using telecom resources to get License. OSP registration is mandatory for any service providers in India engaged in services like telemedicine, tele-education, telebanking, tele-training, call center, e-commerce, network operation center, other IT Enabled Services, and is using telecom resources.
Different types of OSPs available are:
- Domestic OSP: An OSP providing application services within national boundaries of India.
- International OSP: OSP providing services beyond the national boundaries of the of the country.
- Domestic and International – This type of License enables you to call both in India and outside India as well.
Benefits of OSP:
- No legal hurdle in the easy running of the BPO or business because of the valid License.
- Easier to expand the business in India and overseas as it acts as a proof of accountability.
The procedure of Obtaining an OSP License:
- On the official online website of the Department of Telecommunication, fill the available application form.
- Pay the registration amount of Rs. 1000
- Submit the required documents mentioned below to the concerned authority.
- OSP License will be issued electronically.
Documents required for OSP Registration:
- Company PAN Card
- Registrar of Company issued Certificate of Incorporation
- MoA and AoA of the Company
- Board Resolution or Power of Attorney authorized and attested signatures
- Details of the present Directors of the company
- Nature of OSP required
- Equity details and recent shareholding pattern
- Telecom Service Provider approved network diagram
After OSP is being issued, few compliances have to be made:
- With a government fee of Rs. 1000 on OSP Registration, the validity of OSP Licence is 20 Years from the date of registration of the OSP.
- End of every financial year a report of annual return is to be submitted to the department of telecommunication.
- Telecommunication Department should be informed about any changes that have been in the OSP License.
- Terms and Condition laid down by the Department of Telecommunication should be complied with.
- Only PTSN connectivity is permitted to have both inbound & Outbound calls at foreign end but international OSP is not allowed to use PTSN connectivity.
Juris NextGen is a full-service national law firm functioning in New Delhi and Gurgaon to provide diversified professional services for business regulatory affairs, Foreign Exchange matters, Business Structuring, Legal Opinion and Support, Dispute Resolution, Litigation & Arbitration, Secretarial Compliance, Corporate Governance, Contract Management, etc., in accordance with the applicable Indian Laws, Rules and Regulations.
Our team encompasses a rich and diverse combination of dedicated and dynamic Lawyers, Company Secretaries, Chartered Accountants and Management Professionals with in-depth subject matter expertise on multifarious legal areas.
Our professionals at Juris NextGen have more than 250 collective years of experience in handling financial legal matters for banks, insurance companies, finance companies and other NBFC companies. Our practice includes complex civil litigation, arbitration proceedings, dispute resolution, legal opinion and advisory, India Entry Strategy and other matters relating to the regulatory and statutory requirements.
For more information, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us Mb. No.97178 22448 Ph. No.011-42662177/78/79.
SERVICES PROVIDED BY US:
Business regulatory affairs, Foreign Exchange matters, Business Structuring, Legal Opinion and Support, Dispute Resolution, Litigation & Arbitration, Secretarial Compliance, Corporate Governance, Contract Management, civil litigation, arbitration proceedings, dispute resolution, legal opinion and advisory, India Entry Strategy and other matters.